Gausta’s new après-ski venue, The Loft, opens in December. The stage is already fully booked for the winter season and it’s hoped that the bar above Gausta Foodcourt (Sport’n Skikafé) can become the area’s natural meeting place.
– We wanted to create an inviting atmosphere where everyone feels welcome, young or old, says Ane Johnsen, CEO at Gaustablikk.
The first thing to strike you is the tall ceiling and the large windows that let light in from two directions. Above the large bar and modern furnishings, the old rafters tell tales of one of the best dance venues in the area; many people used to come here from Rjukan and its surroundings.
This winter it’s time to reopen the venue, but in a new style. To be in line with the new visions for the Gausta area, the venue has been completely renovated and given a new concept and name – The Loft.
– With The Loft we’re aiming for a vibrant après-ski venue with entertainment for groups of friends, conferences and families alike. We wanted to create an inviting atmosphere where everyone feels welcome, young or old, says Ane, CEO at Gaustablikk.
The new venue has been developed together with interior architects W8. The new menu boasts stone-baked pizzas and a varied range of local beers, not least the local favourite Gaustatoppen from the Fjellbryggeriet brewery in nearby Tuddal.
– The aim is to have a varied range, where there’s always something new to try.
Although The Loft’s new menu itself is an attraction, the focus is on music and entertainment. The stage is already booked for the entire winter season, with entertainment every week starting after Christmas.
– We’ll be joined by some really good bands and folk singers from right across the Nordic region, says Peter Eriksson, planning manager for The Loft. They’ll create a wonderful après-ski atmosphere.
As part of the renovation, the ground floor below The Loft is also being refurbished. It will be a place for activities such as billiards, Jenga and darts. Ideal activities for young people to enjoy after a long day on the slopes, or why not invite the conference gang to a nerve-wracking pentathlon?
– The Loft is a special venue with great potential. In connection with the launch, we’re also offering the opportunity to book the venue for conferences and corporate events, says Ane.
The Loft is opening its doors December 26. For more information about the launch and opening hours, keep an eye on gausta.com and the Gausta app.